I hope that everyone is having an amazing holiday season, cause I know I am! I know that the morning after a holiday party I just want a breakfast that is easy to throw together and doesn’t need much babysitting. There is some prep work at the beginning but once you put that baby in the oven, all you have to remember is to set your timer and wait for it to finish cooking — and enjoy a mimosa. Here’s how!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of thick sliced bacon
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1 head of broccoli florets chopped up
- salt and pepper
How to Put It Together:
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are well blended.
- Now add the cream and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Next, add the cheddar cheese to the egg mixture and stir, using a wooden spoon.
- Line a pie tin with the refrigerated crust and blind bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350°F. Blind baking is optional but will provide a crispier crust. If you don’t want to blind bake your crust, line the pie tin with the refrigerated crust and move on to step 5.
- Cook your bacon till its crispy, I like to use my microwave technique that you can find on my blog here, and then roughly chop the bacon into large pieces.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and saute your broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- At the bottom of the pie crust, arrange the broccoli and bacon in one even layer.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture on top, letting it fill almost to the top of the crust.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes.
- After it’s finished baking, take it out of the oven and allow it to set for about 5 minutes.
Eat Well & Adventure On,
Kat is a 22-year-old food adventurer that is willing to go to any lengths for a good meal. She lives in Watertown, MA where a good restaurant is always around the corner and inspiration is always in the air, like the smell of freshly baked bread. Her love for food and finding a good deal inspired her to start her own food blog called, Kat’s Food Adventures, where you can follow her tryingnew recipes, snagging great food deals, and reviewing restaurants. She’s joined The Collabor-eight for “Foodie Friday” where she will be sharing everything and anything food related every week.