Okay, it’s no secret: I’m a tween girl at heart. Sometimes I dot my i’s with hearts. I giggle when I see bunnies hop by. Sparkly eyeshadow and glitter nail polishes are often welcome distractions from the hectic world of grad school and real life. And when I finally make it home at night, I take great delight in washing my face with a product that features three silly ostriches smiling up at me. Spritzing perfume on from a cat bottle evokes another small giggle. Wish you knew what the heck I was talking about? Read on! I am 100% supportive of vegan cosmetics and brands that don’t test on animals, here are some of my favorite products that feature cute animals… but only on the packaging!
- Keratosis pelaris? Sounds scary and/or gross. It’s a skin condition that’s often called KP or “chicken skin.” Think permanent goosebumps. I’ve had angry red bumps on my arms and legs for as long as I can remember. While there’s no cure for KP, Dermadoctor’s KP Duty Body Scrub does a great job of toning down the redness and smoothing out the bumps. The scrub has a cute little purple chicken on the label to remind us to poke fun at ourselves sometimes.
- Meow! by Katy Perry smells exactly like you think it does. (Unless you think it smells like a cat. Then you’re wrong.) I mean that it smells like something sweet and fun that you could picture Katy wearing herself. It’s the latest in her feline fragrance collection (also check out Purr.) The bottle is a fun addition to my nightstand.
- Every product in the geoGiRL line features adorable critters on the labels. My favorite of their skincare products are the T2G [Time to Go] Cleanser and BG [Be Good] Moisturizer SPF 15. Not only because I particularly like ostriches and flamingos. The cleanser has a cool peppermint scent and feel that effortlessly rips dirt and makeup from your pores. The moisturizer smells fresh and clean and does double duty with its dose of SPF.
- You don’t have to be a mom or a baby to enjoy L’Occitane’s Mom & Baby line. Every product in the line features adorable baby circus animals. I particularly enjoy this fragrance because it’s light, powdery fresh and safe for sensitive skin and hair. (Not all perfumes can go in your hair- the alcohol can be super damaging!)
- Sun Bum’s banana lip balm might actually be the tastiest balm out there. It tastes as sweet and sugary as it smells, which is a great change from the disappointingly waxy alternatives. You won’t be able to stop licking your lips. Sun Bum definitely knew this, because the product has excellent staying power. Their monkey logo is on their entire product line. Bonus SPF!
- Paul & Joe’s collection consistently delivers kitschy cosmetics that will make you smile. The lipsticks that come in these cat silhouette boxes have mini paw prints stamped into the lipstick. Others (as featured above) have actual cat faces! Too cute to use!
- Don’t think I forgot the sea creatures! Lobsterman’s Balm offers up some hardcore dryness relief in a practical, portable stick. Great for rough elbows and knees. Hey, if it works for tough elements, it can handle our worst patches!
- This hedgehog nail brush was a total novelty impulse buy. I’ve never had nails long enough to get even a speck of dirt stuck under them. Still, I couldn’t pass this guy up. As a bonus, it actually is effective at cleaning if you need it!
Let us know what are you cooing over right now!
Your piece put a smile on my face on a really crummy day. Looking forward to you next post.