This recipe is one of my friend’s favorite dishes that I make. It is also one of my more popular posts on my food blog, Kat’s Food Adventures. This is great on its own, or you can have it as a side to meatballs or chicken. Either way, I promise your family or friends will love it as much as mine do. See how it’s done, right here!
- 1lb ziti pasta (1 box)
- 2 (32oz) cans of tomato sauce (I personally prefer Hunt’s Traditional)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- pinch of fresh parsley (optional)
Oven: 400° F Baking Time: 30 Minutes Serving Size: 6 people
How to put it all together:
- Preheat your oven to 400° F
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
- In a large pot, put in the tomato sauce, ricotta cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese with the tomato sauce mixture.
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the pasta and tomato sauce mixture into the baking dish and top it with the parmesan cheese and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.
- Serve with Garlic bread for dipping
- To add protein, serve with meatballs or chicken.
Eat Well and Adventure On,