I grew up in the era of the Spice Girls – my childhood was a product of “girl power.” I did ballet and played the piano, but I also played soccer and went camping. If I wanted to do something, I did it. I had never considered that anyone would think there were things that guys could do that girls couldn’t. I mean, not only did I play sports against the boys – but I’d beat them. As I grew older, I began to realize that not everyone felt the way I did. To think that there were girls who didn’t feel the “girl power” that I did blew my mind. That’s why I love the COVERGIRL #GirlsCan campaign – it’s all about embracing the fact that girls can do anything they put their minds to – plus, there’s makeup involved! Read on to learn more about the campaign – and how you could win a $25 Walmart Gift Card to purchase your own COVERGIRL #GirlsCan mascara!
The COVERGIRL #GirlsCan campaign promotes the empowerment of women by encouraging them to break down barriers and turn “can’t” into “can.” Being a girl isn’t a disability – and no one should think that it is. #GirlsCan is all about making sure that everyone – not just girls – realizes that girls can do anything they put their minds to. A little bit of confidence is all you need!
As a beauty lover, I can honestly say that there’s power in makeup. That confidence boost you get when you know your makeup looks flawless? That can seriously help you to realize that you can anything in the world. As part of their #GirlsCan campaign, COVERGIRL has released two mascaras – COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara and COVERGIRL Professional All-in-One Mascara. Both are available at Walmart – and both are the perfect additions to creating your confident look.
The COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara inspired me to create a #GirlsCan look of my own! I used some of my favorite COVERGIRL products to create the look to the right. #GirlsCan is all about confidence – so for my look, I played up my eyes, because that makes me feel confident. I went with shades of gray and purple, which help to bring out the blue in my eyes. With a bolder eye, I like to keep the rest of the face neutral. All those products to the left? That’s what I used to get the look above! Want to get this look yourself? Here’s how!
- Start with CC cream. I used COVERGIRL + Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory – seriously the closest match to my skintone I’ve ever come across. I’ve heard if you’re doing a darker eye, you should always start with that and then move on to the face. I pretty much never do that, but if you do, then don’t start with CC cream.
- Apply concealer. I love multipurpose products – I don’t want to have to use a different concealer for everything. I used COVERGIRL’s Ready Set GORGEOUS concealer for imperfections and underage coverage.
- Bronze away! Like I said, multipurpose products are my favorite. So for bronzer, I used COVERGIRL’s Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices. It has three matte shades that you really can use for contouring, or you can swirl them all together and get a great dimensional glow.
- A touch of blush. I’m all about deeper, rosy colored blush. I think it looks more natural on me than corals and pinks, so I went with COVERGIRL’s Cheekers Blush in Rock ‘n Rose. Because it’s a dark color, you really only need a bit of product on your brush. Make sure to tap your brush off to the side before applying to your face – and then be sure to really blend!
- Time for the eyes! I used COVERGIRL’s Eye Enhancers palette in Fairytale for this look. The palette includes four colors – a darker charcoal almost-black, a very pale lavender, a pretty pink, and a medium purple. Again, I went with these colors because they play up my eye color – but the eye enhancers come in so many shades, you can really pick the palette that works best for you!
- Play up your brows. Thanks to Cara Delevingne, brows are the beauty staple of the moment. I never used to fill in my brows, but once I started, I can never skip this step! COVERGIRL’s Brow & Eye Makers in Soft Brown is my go-to. It fills in gaps and really pumps up the look of my brows without making me look like I really just need a pair of tweezers. In other words, it’s very natural looking.
- Add some eyeliner! I’ve tried liquid, gel, everything – but I always find myself going back to mechanical pencil liners. For this look, I used COVERGIRL’s Ink It! in Charcoal Ink. A smooth line and easy to apply – what more can I ask for? I tightlined my upper lid and then lined my upper lid and the outer half of my lower lid. I find that lining my eyes this way helps to make my eyes look bigger!
- Finish your eyes with mascara – COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara for me, of course! I curled my lashes and applied two coats. Not gonna lie, it’s my new favorite mascara. Can we take a second to appreciate how awesome my lashes look in the picture above? My lashes are not that long!
- I went with a neutral lip using COVERGIRL’s LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist. It’s a light wash of color and feels great on your lips!
- Naturally, I can’t complete a look without doing my nails – so I swiped on two coats of COVERGIRL’s Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis in Violet Flicker. It’s such a fun deep purple with some added sparkle – the perfect coordinating color to bring out the confidence I’m going for in this look!
Want your own COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara or All-in-One Professional Mascara? Leave us a comment below before 12PM EST on Thursday, November 20th sharing your #GirlsCan story – and you’ll be entered to win a $25 Walmart Gift Card to buy new COVERGIRL products at your local Walmart!
Another reason to love the #GirlsCan campaign? This November, COVERGIRL is donating $50,000 to Dress for Success®, an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and life. Three things that help to boost confidence and turn “can’t” into “can!” Visit girlscangiveback.com to learn more about the #GirlsCan campaign.
Disclosure: The Walmart gift cards, product, and information have been provided by COVERGIRL. All opinions within are my own.